Design driver: Reliability, stability, and performance
- Collaborated with GNC engineers and Penn State Applied Research Lab
- Design, fabricate, and test a fully-autonomous underwater vehicle capable of navigating an obstacle course and engaging submerged targets
- Fabricated component housings, sealing flanges, chassis frame, kinetic (inert) projectiles, and pneumatic launch system
- Fabricated polycarbonate sealing flanges via pressure-turning
- Assisted in navigation and dive tests
- Torpedo range: 4 ft.
- Maximum tested dive depth: 20 ft.
- Successful drop tests of ‘markers’
- Basic functional capability of autonomy and navigation systems